Friday, July 22, 2011

Oslo explosion

Oslo Police: Say the explosion was caused by a bomb.
1610: Ella Mork in Oslo "I was at home, just half a kilometre away when I heard the noise. At first, I thought it was thunder, but then I thought it was a little too loud. I was on my way out and when I arrived at the scene, there was shattered glass everywhere and buildings on fire."

1607: Olaf Furniss, a reporter in the city, says: "There was a huge blast. All the windows have been blown out from one of the main government buildings, it's a sort of big skyscraper.
"And that's where the prime minister's office is, one of the main newspapers is based there, and a lot of other government buildings.
"The whole area has been damaged, there's windows blown out in about a 1km radius, a lot of shock. And I can hear a lot of ambulance and police activity as well."
1606: US-based news broadcaster ABC is quoting US government sources as saying the explosion was caused by "a massive vehicle bomb".
1601: There are dramatic pictures on the front page of NRK's website - the public broadcaster reporting that one person has been killed in the blast.

No comments:

Translate