Sunday, June 17, 2012

How to piss off the world: Ban a 9 year old from bloging

I think you know why I don't have a picture today but I will have on Monday! Thanks to everyone that has helped to get my blog back on track. I would have missed writing it a lot and I'm looking forward to sharing my dinners and yours.

I worried yesterday that I would never reach enough money to buy a Mary's Meal kitchen in Malawi (31 seconds!) but we have raised a total of £45,889.46 which is more than one kitchen! It could be many kitchens or one kitchen feeding many children for years.

 A small thank you isn't enough so here's a big THANK YOU to you all!

See you on Monday,

VEG


Lunch blogger Martha Payne turns down Hollywood - but will help overhaul school meals

 

Since Martha Payne’s fight against a council ban on her publishing photographs of her school dinners became an internet sensation, she has been inundated with promises of book, TV and movie deals. 


But it has emerged the nine-year-old accepted only one offer after her successful battle against censorship became an international cause celebre on Friday.
The selfless Scottish schoolgirl has now agreed to team up with Nick Nairn, the celebrity chef, to help Argyll and Bute Council provide more nutritious meals for her and her classmates.
The move emerged as Roddy McCuish, the SNP-run local authority’s leader, admitted the council had been wrong and offered to apologise to Martha when they meet later this week.

 

No comments:

Translate