Monday, June 23, 2014

'If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say'



The good-humored BuzzFeed clip, "If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say," flips the script on stereotypes against Asian people, breaking it down with examples that take a dig at topics such as Asian religions and inter-racial dating. The statements, which are probably familiar in some fashion to most ethnic minorities in the U.S., include:

"You know I've been really into Western religions lately. Like, I love how they're so angry and uptight, you know. I decorated my whole house in crosses."

"I just love dating white guys because they're so large and overbearing."

"Hey, you watch 'How I Met Your Mother?' I'm so into white culture."

If the lighthearted video comes off as somewhat offensive, it's supposed to be -- consider it a simulation experience.

No comments:

Translate