Thursday, December 15, 2016

What You Need To Know Today

YouTube blocks North Korean state television channel


Google's video-streaming service YouTube has blocked North Korea's state television channel.
Korean Central Television's page now bears a message saying the account has "been terminated for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines".
The channel is used mainly for daily and breaking news broadcasts.
Reports suggest the reason could be the possibility of Pyongyang earning advertising money on the channel, which would violate US sanctions.




China should plan to take Taiwan by force after Trump call, state media says

Global Times says Beijing should ‘punish militarily’ any moves to undermine One China policy – which US president-elect has said he might not uphold

 in Hong Kong

China should plan to take Taiwan by force and make swift preparations for a military incursion, a Communist party-controlled newspaper has said, after US president-elect Donald Trump broke decades of diplomatic protocol in the region.


Teen who shot herself in front of her parents is still being bullied


Brandy Vela, 18, shot herself in front of her parents after being relentlessly cyberbullied. The Texas teen, who was described by her school as well-liked and friendly, was buried December 7. By Friday, someone had opened a social media page in her memory, but it was quickly filled with disturbing posts about her; the cyberbullying literally following her to the grave.




Racial profiling by police isn’t just an American problem: I’m experiencing it in Germany


Updated by 

It was a foggy morning in March. I was new to the neighborhood, having moved to Berlin a few days before. My jet lag kept me awake until the early hours of the morning. I needed to clear my head.
I was wearing a black track jacket, a pair of leggings, and my bright purple and orange running sneakers. I heard someone yelling at me on the other side of the track. I remember my headphones getting tangled in my headband as I struggled to pull them out. When the person came closer, I realized it was a police officer.


Latin America's deepening relationship with China speaks of a new world order

With the United States likely to pull out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership and China looking to step into the breach, Latin America's changing relations with world powers could reflect a broader shift.



In Latin America and elsewhere, the world is undergoing tectonic movements that indicate the birth of a new world order with new rules of play. 


No comments:

Translate